Corporate and Social Responsibility Policy
Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) is defined as the integration of business operations and values, whereby the interests of all stakeholders including investors, customers, employees, the community and the environment are reflected in the company’s policies and actions. Apollo Recruitment recognises it’s corporate and social responsibilities to its Shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and other stakeholders and is committed to conducting business in a manner which achieves sustainable growth whilst fulfilling legal and moral obligations.
We aim to achieve corporate and social objectives in a caring and responsible manner recognising the economic, social and environmental impacts of our activities.
We are committed to focus on the following:
- Minimising our environmental impact
- Contributing to the community
- Purchasing with integrity
- Treating all our stakeholders fairly
- Acting in a socially responsible way
- Continually improving our performance and meeting all relevant legislation
- Providing a safe environment for all our team members and visitors
- Encouraging our staff to be mindful of the effect of their actions on any natural resource
- Continuous improvement in our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy
Purpose and Aims
The purpose of this policy is to make unequivocal to all stakeholders what Apollo Recruitment mean CSR, and furthermore how we propose to work towards achieving it. The CSR policy applies throughout procurement and governs our approach to all our activities
In implementing this policy we aim to:
- Be responsible;
- Be an exemplar of good practice.
Standards of Business Conduct
Apollo Recruitment recognises that our business and livelihood depends upon our customers. Every employee is responsible for ensuring that customer contact is professional and appropriate. We aim to ensure that our customers receive the level of service and quality of product they have come to expect from Apollo Recruitment.
We all share a responsibility for ensuring that the relationship we have with any of our clients, colleagues, shareholders, contracts or associates are conducted with high standards of honesty, integrity, openness and professionalism. We apply the same standards to the communities in which we live and work.
- We acknowledge that good CSR embraces all aspects of sustainable development, and the way we affect people through our business operations
- We shall operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices
- We believe that a responsible approach to developing relationships between companies and the communities they serve, global or local, is a vital part of delivering business success
- When carrying out our business, in consultation with our clients, we will determine the environmental, social and economic issues
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis for our relationship
- We will continually review our policies and business practices to encourage engagement with small and medium enterprises and to promote the development of the regional supply chain.
Our objective is to minimise the environmental impact of our activities through commitment and continuous improvement. Pollution prevention, minimizing of waste is to be achieved utilising good environmental management practices. Apollo Recruitment is committed to conducting activities and operations in line with current legislation and best environmental practice seeking continual improvement and innovation within all activities.
- Levels of energy consumption and practical ideas to reduce wastage within Apollo Recruitment are regularly reviewed, with new initiatives being identified and implemented wherever practical.
- Where appropriate annual maintenance contracts are in place for regular servicing of plant and equipment to ensure energy efficiency.
Health and Safety
Apollo Recruitment is committed to high standards of health and safety, recognising our duty and the benefits of providing safe working conditions. We aim to achieve continuous improvement in health & safety performance through the use of robust, and where applicable, externally audited health and safety management systems.
A comprehensive Health and Safety Management Policy is in place that is regularly updated to reduce risk and protect workers, staff and visitors in accordance with legislation and represents best practise; this forms an essential part of the safe environment for workers, staff and visitors.
- Health and Safety training is carried out in accordance with client organisations and appropriate to the activities undertaken and operating environment. Refresher training is carried out as deemed appropriate by client organisations, typically on an annual basis.
- Full details of the current organisation, responsibilities and arrangement for Health & Safety are detailed in a comprehensive Health & Safety Management System.
Equality and Diversity
We provide equal opportunities to all existing and prospective employees recognising that our reputation is dependant on the quality, effectiveness, and skill base of our employees. We are committed to the fair and equitable treatment of all our employees and specifically to prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnic origin. Opportunities are available to disabled persons in accordance with their abilities and aptitudes on equal terms with other employees.
- We aim to eliminate discrimination on any grounds and promote equality of opportunity in the supply chain
- We will ensure that our customers and vendors are able to work together in confidence and be treated with respect by each party
- Our range of contracts will take account of the needs of a diverse customer base.
Impact on Society
Apollo Recruitment will take steps to understand how we can most effectively support the needs of the local community and implement initiatives accordingly, encouraging and assisting staff to greater involvement in team/individual projects in support of the wider community.
- Our impact on the local and wider community will be understood and nurtured
- Dialogue with local communities shall be encouraged for mutual benefit
Existing policies in some areas may already, at least in part address many of the issues listed above, and Apollo Recruitment will continue to focus on integrating these within CSR principles. These policies and procedures will be reviewed annually, amended as deemed necessary and implemented in accordingly.